- This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage, and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR, PECR and DPA are adhered to.
- It will also explain which data we collect regardless it being done online or in person whilst visiting the shop.
- Further explanations may be provided for specific pages or features of this website to help you understand how we, this website and its third parties (if any) interact with you and your computer / device to serve it to you. Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
The DPA and GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK's exit from the European Union.
Who we are
Marine HSE Consultants Ltd
13 Brae Hill
150 Cowley Road
Telephone: 01865 42 44 44
Data we collect and legal basis for doing so
- When you contact us by email or phone we collect your name and one or both the email address and phone number. As part of an email communication we also have access to the internet protocol (IP) address. We keep such information as long as necessary to fulfil your request, this is done on legitimate interests basis.
- When you leave a bike with us to get it serviced then we collect your name, phone number or email address, or other details such as home address in case you do not wish to leave your phone number or email address with us. This is done on contract basis, helping also to contact you should there be any unexpected issue with your bike and to contact you when your bike is ready for collection. We keep such data until the repair is paid for after which the sales record is anonymised.
It is still OK if you do not leave any such information above with us in which case we will note down the frame number instead. Please note we are not able to communicate further issues found regarding the repair, hence we will proceed with work stated on repair sheet only. Any requests about repair status will be your own responsibility. Storage charges for uncollected repairs will apply strictly from 3rd day following agreed collection date and the bike will be disposed of when the storage + repair combined value reach 75% of the bike’s estimated market value after repair.
- When you buy a new bike from us we collect owner’s name and phone number (or email address plus IP address in case of online sale) for warranty purposes. This is done on legitimate interests basis, enabling us to track the bike should we need to confirm sales date or ownership. You may also use our records in case you need confirmation that you own the bike (eg. insurance claim).
When you hire a bike from us we collect your name, email address and IP address plus other optional information that you voluntarily supply.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Giant or www.liv-cycling.com/gb.)
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Resources & Further Information
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations 2018)
- PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003)
- DPA (Data Protection Act 1998)
v.1.1 April 2018 Edited & customised by: Cycloanalysts